Richard Armitage

Richard Armitage
"In Awe, of ME?" *skeptical look*

19/12/2014

An RA Blogger Reborn...

I'm sorry Bloggersphere! I have been away for a while! 

The truth is, I've had plenty of chances to Blog about The Armitage, but after I wrote that post about my experiences of the fandom, I felt a sudden lull in need to express myself. like I'd vented something I needed to vent. In fact, there was plenty I wanted to say, but I was concerned there was a "right" way to say it that I was missing. I have recently realised this really isn't the case. In fact, the more I worry about "how" to say it all, the less it wants to flow from me.

I was feeling this self imposed pressure that every post had to be a well structured eloquent essay, when, frankly, of late I have just wanted to rant the hell out of Richard and his work and how he makes me feel. And I'm realising that this approach is also okay. I really need to loosen up a bit! I guess its a case of me finding my blogging balance too, which takes time, I'm sure.

So yeah, I'm back. And I might be a bit more..."rant"-y then I was before, but then there will equally be times when what I need to say can only be expressed in a methodically written argument. I'm sure even my rants have a structure. And so I begin to rant now... hehehe... 

I guess the question I asked myself was; What do I want my RA blogging to be for me? Do I want it to make me feel restricted because I feel obliged to express things in a coherent well researched argument about every little thing...Or do I want it to be a place where I can come and vent the hell out of my feelings on days when I am feeling fed up with him or annoyed at him (which have happened a lot lately). I think part of me was afraid to address and voice those feelings. 

Well, not anymore. Why should I impose pressure on myself not to express them? That's just silly and unproductive and makes things worse. That's the joy of blogging; you can say what you need to say, and this process is what helps you process and move on from things. My blog can be both things; a place to rant and a place to express well thought out arguments. As long as I am not being inappropriately offensive, or encouraging illegal activity, then really there is no problem here. Get over it, Antigone....

So, prepare yourselves for an onslaught of built up Armitage passion and also rage. I'm letting open the RA Blogging flood gates, baby, fancy coming along for the ride? ;)....


1 comment:

  1. You've got the right idea, Antigone. Each blog has its own vibe and point of view. After about a year and a half, I'm still finding a voice in some ways. When I had the same problem you're now having, two blogging friends both suggested that I just write what I want, the way I want. I'll pass that advice along.

    ReplyDelete