Richard Armitage

Richard Armitage
"In Awe, of ME?" *skeptical look*

26/10/2014

If I were Richard's Stylist on the Red Carpet (Part 2) - Theory in Practice...

Ok, so I was feeling like the ideas in my previous post were perhaps a little far fetched or too abstract, and I was starting to feel silly for suggesting them! So I thought I would do a little experiment using images of Richard I found wearing already similar looks, and combining them with things I suggested to try and illustrate a little better what I meant. So here we go...

I think I might add more to this as I discover more things, here's just a few to get started with...

Colour Blocking

Ok so imagine Richard in this gorgeous vintage 60's style suit (well it looks 60s to me ;) )...


Now imagine the suit with a colour block tie like this instead... maybe in blue and magenta instead ... I think it could work...


Here's an example of a brighter coloured shirt under a classic coloured suit, worn by Richard himself... In my last post I didn't mean the colours should be garish for the sake of it, I don't think that suits Richard's personality. But I can see this in maybe a deep green or purple working really well too...



Now look at Richard in this dark suit - already there is some colour in this look, a muted chocolate/khaki colour...




Now imagine him with a deep aubergine coloured shirt and bright azure blue tie, wouldn't that bring out his eyes...






I think putting this into practice, I'd say a simple dark/light classic coloured suit and the colours the as the accents and accessories would be the thing I'd want to try. 

I find colour so exciting to experiment with ... I think I was just getting carried away with things. However I do think if Richard were to wear a coloured suit, Boateng would be the kind of designer to make it work for him, and I'd love to see him wear a coloured suit with a granddad style shirt under it, with that distinctive collar.

This is actually alot more difficult to express than it feels in my head. I hope its coming across somehow. It's been fun to get creative with it and I hope you've enjoyed my ideas. It's something to think about, anyway!

Antigone x


P.S - Can I just apologise for any previous poor grammar or spelling ... this whole idea for a blog post got me way too enthusiastic and I didn't do a very good job of proof reading it! Hope it's legible! At least the pictures are pretty... hehehe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment